Equity And Diversity Action Council
The Equity & Diversity Action Council will meet throughout the academic year and act as an advisory committee by providing support, guidance and information about issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion in our schools and programs.
Equity and Diversity Committee will focus on the following:
- Promotion of inclusion and equity for all within our schools by examining issues of institutional equity and advising district staff on responses to incidents of bias and harassment
- Review and analysis of student performance, program participation and behavior data in order to form policy and/or procedural recommendations
- Development and oversight of implementation of the district’s Equity Action Plan
- Support in identifying, reviewing and implementing curricula, initiatives and efforts that best support students
- Support of Human Resources’ efforts and focus on hiring a more diverse workforce
- Review and recommendation of new and/or revised language to board policies to guide and support focus on equity/diversity throughout the district.
Dr. Christopher Nagy, Superintendent
Dr. Ashanti Holley, Assistant Superintendent, CHAIR
Dr. Lisa English, Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction
Dr. Heidi Bouchard, Vice Principal, Medford, BCIT
Mrs. Danielle Hartman, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, BCIT
Ms. Valerie Lee, Assistant Principal, BCIT