Burlington County Special Services School Districts offers many programs to meet the needs of students with special needs.
- NJ Common Core Standards individualized to address each student’s learning needs
- Program-wide behavior modification and counseling services, with emphasis on social skills and emotional expression
- Language and Learning using a multi-sensory approach,
- Life Skills centered programs incorporating daily living, social and language skills, and pre-vocational activities
- Emphasis on communication skills and sensory motor integration
- Provides for therapeutic and daily living needs.
- Classroom instruction based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) utilizing the Assessment of Functional Living Skills (AFLS);
- Student success is achieved through individualized programming that may include functional academic skills, language and communication skills, adaptive behavior skills, social skills, and daily living skills.
Special Programs Therapeutic Services
- Education National Certified CPI Training Crisis Prevention
- Physical Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy